Hello Everyday Moms!
Below is my personal list of 10 Fall Trends- and let me warn you- it may not be the most fashionable list around town- but it is a realistic and practical shopping list for anyone who wants to update their closet -as opposed to buying an entire new wardrobe with each new season- (yeah right?!).
First on the list:
1. Boots that can be worn with socks. My feet are cold all fall/ winter and while I love my ballet flats- a great pair of comfy boots can be an everyday staple.
3. A perfect chambray shirt- can be worn as a jacket, over a t shirt, under a sweater, thrown over a tank, layered under a cardigan… so many options and it goes with EVERYTHING!
4. Colored denim- last year I bought a gorgeous pair of plum skinny jeans at Anthropologie- then I chickened out and returned them. This year I am much braver (plus I found a pair at Target- so it wasn’t much of an investment). I can’t wait to wear them!
5. A scarf- that can be worn with anything! I love how a scarf adds so much personality to an outfit. It makes a plain boring shirt have some personality, plus it keeps me warm! Keep in mind- buy a scarf that has some bulk. Nothing is worse than an anemic scarf! I love floral patterns, but sometimes a nice neutral one is fun too!
6. A slouchy sweater- throw this on with some black leggings, a pair of boots and you are set for the weekend. I love the effortless, casual- yet stylish look!
7. A striped shirt! Yes, big surprise, huh?! I am a serious stripe fanatic and can’t seem to get enough of them. That’s ok… stripes are a classic look and you can never have too many!
8. A cool leather jacket! Last year I bought one at Marshalls, and I think I made a mistake. I was so excited about the price, that I sacrificed fit-as seen here! Find one that fits like a glove- is comfy- and is real leather. Nothing worse than a pleather jacket!
9. A shirt dress- I love this look! Paired with tights, boots, maybe a scarf and a cool handbag and you can run errands, attend meetings, go to lunch and look cool the whole time!
10. A cable knit sweater- again, this one is a classic. It goes with anything- is comfy and warm- and will never go out of style.
In looking over this list- I realize I have really been quite boring- nothing to flashy, to trendy, to daring… oh well, let’s face it- my style is American Classic and I can’t change who I am! All I can say is: love it or leave it! If you love it- thanks~ please take a minute to write me a little comment! You have NO IDEA how much they mean to me! Seriously, every time I hear from a reader I am thrilled that someone has actually read my blog, liked what they saw and taken the time to write me! 🙂
If I forgot something- please let me know that too… I’ll happily update my list- or create another one in a few months!
Linking up to Pleated Poppy for What I wore Wednesday! Be sure to check out all the other cute sites!