Today we decided to try a little fashion challenge- we had to put together an entire outfit using only items from Target.
It was fun to see what we could come up with!
Here are our 5 tips for dressing in less expensive clothes:
1. Have a nice purse and shoes (real leather). These are items to splurge on, people will see a high end purse or shoes and assume the rest of the outfit is high end.
2. Make sure your clothes are well pressed, no loose strings or buttons. Look polished.
3. Choose wisely. Go with a critical eye and have a goal in mind of what you are looking for. Kara gets the Nordstrom catalog as well as email updates from J Crew, Saks and Barneys to see what is current. She then looks for similar styles at lower end shops.
4. Erin’s advice is to know your style. Just because something is fashionable, doesn’t mean it will work for you. Know your body and what works and what doesn’t. Don’t get caught up trends just because they are inexpensive. Wear what looks good on YOU!
5. Own your look- radiate confidence.
Below is Erin’s look:
She’s wearing a chambray dress with an empire waist. This makes her legs look even longer. She’s paired her dress with red ballet flats and a cute necklace.
Kara chose a open knit sweater paired with a long cotton skirt. She added a tank and then accessorized with gorgeous necklace and bracelet and then finalized her look with her cute wedge heels.
I chose cropped skinny jeans, a white tank and this cute polka dot cardigan. I added a muted fushia beaded necklace and sandals. Looking at the pictures I wish I would have worn ballet flats.
Don’t forget, it’s Friday, so we’ve hooked up with Girlymama for Fashion Friday edition. Check it out!