I’ve worn these cute striped shorts from Athleta a few times already this summer, but always with a white top. So today I decided to pair them with this bright orange top instead! I love blue and orange together- it’s such a great combo.
A few things to note:
- In the before picture, you can see my bra straps, which looks terrible. If I was wearing a bralette, that might be cute- but in this example, it’s not a good look.
- The denim shorts in the before photo don’t fit well. I used these the other day in a post and compared them to a baby’s romper. There is just something super weird about the way they look! They are not flattering at all!
- The black Birkenstocks are comfy, but add very little style.
- In the after photo I have on neutral wedge heels. I love the way they make my legs look super long- and don’t distract at all from the outfit.
- In case you were wondering, my before shot is from an old post- hence the reason why my legs are so much tanner in the after shot!
And there you have it! Simple, easy changes = a much cuter outfit!
I just got home from dropping my son off for his freshman year of college, (sniff!) so now I feel like I can officially wear TCU spirit wear!
The last night I was in Fort Worth a group of Washington parents got together to go out for dinner after moving the kids in all day. This is not actually what I wore, but I thought I’d show it as a cute example of how to wear spirit wear.
In the outfit on the left the baggy grey pants are too long and I don’t care for the 2 shades of grey. My Birkenstocks, while comfy, aren’t adding any style to the look. On the right, I have replaced the baggy pants with my distressed skinny white cropped jeans. I’ve tucked the front of my t shirt in and added a belt for polish. My neutral sandals with a block heel add some height and style to this otherwise super casual look.
And what’s that, you ask, on my shirt? Why it’s a Hornfrog! Not sure I’ll ever get used to saying ‘go Hornfrogs’, but I’ll try! 🙂
Tonight is National Night Out and my neighborhood is having a street party & BBQ to celebrate. The idea is to gather neighbors together to get to know one another, as well as form a relationship with local police. The more you know your neighbors, the safer your community is!
I’m going to wear this cute maxi dress that I bought back in June at Nordstrom Rack. There is something retro about this dress that I love. The embroidery reminds me of something my mom would have worn in the 70’s. I love the vertical stripes because they make my legs look longer, and the cute ruffle detail at the hem adds some interest. Best of all, it has pockets. I LOVE a dress with pockets!
Since there is so much going on with the dress, I’ve kept my accessories very simple with a dainty necklace, a few bracelets and flat sandals. Once the sun goes down, I will throw on my dark denim jacket to keep warm.
Is your neighborhood celebrating National Night Out? If so, have fun! 🙂